Wednesday, January 09, 2008

claude debussy is amazing.


I've finished watching "all about lily chou-chou". [i watch abit at a time] The movie itself was awesome, but the music makes it even more awesome. Its completely saturated with Debussy's works, just that some of them are abit to repetitive.

Arabesque, Clair de lune, Girl with the flaxen hair. These are the songs they kept on repeating [especially clair de lune -.-] i'd really appreciate it if they put in other pieces.

i remember my teacher let me play his piece "reverie" after my piano exams in september. It was certainly a beauiful piece of music, shortly after that i've become a "fan" of his. Its rather weird to be a fan of a dead classical music composer, but anyway.

his music makes you feel like you're in dreamland, thus its very difficult to master and almost everybody has their own style of playing, so it may vary from person to person.

After that, i was introduced to his "children's corner" pieces, composed for his daughter. Its the easiest set of pieces from Debussy, but i'm going to temporarily stop playing the piano soon, i'll have my last lesson soon until jc or something.

Going back to all about lily chou-chou. It really makes one's heart ache while watching it, these teenagers are so young, yet they suffer from all kinds of abuse and problems. It makes you want to hate hoshino so badly, but actually he's suffering too and that makes you hesitate for awhile before you judge him...

Moreover, the filming techniqes for this film is rather special and from a different angle. The parts where they insert conversations from the internet on this lily chou-chou fansite is rather special. Or maybe i haven't been watching too much films, so i find it rather unique. It seems more like an experimental or art film though, its quite worth the watch

Just listen to the music, its absolutely wonderful. I'm trying to play arabesque no.1, but with no teacher around now, it'll have to take much more effort. I'm not even talking about playing perfectly..



Bytheway, Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi OST is fantastic too. much thanks to yh for passing it to me, since megaupload or sendspace always screws up on me -.- or maybe its starhub's fault, my internet connection is the suckiest thing ever.

Tops as second in my list for "favourite OSTs"

1) Laputa
2) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi
3) symphony seed
4) totoro
5) Taiyou no uta
6) Nana2 movie
7) Nobuta wo Produce
8) 1 litre of tears
9) Autumn in my heart
10) Bu neng shuo de mi mi


There's loads of other OSTs in my com that i love randomly downloading, since OSTs are nice for doing work. I like Hero, LOTR or Tatta Hitotsu no koi ost too, but i only have 10 spaces for my top 10..anyway,



Not forgetting its the olevels year, i can't afford to spend too much time irrelevant to studies...everyone's already geared up, it seems. 4L is much quieter now...



So here's the post before i continue my saga on shz. mrpoh language. which reminds me. I REALLY WANT TO CHANGE CLASSES FOR MATHS REMEDIAL. i learn better there, so may i please have an appeal form?


Time to read and study. I'm forcing myself to think blogging is a form of rest, and i shouldn't rest anymore until after dinner, for half an hour. Remember, i'm going to study this year.

No comments: